X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Houston-Have You Seen This Too?

On several occasions I have seen a gentleman MUCH more "manly" then I, diving in the vacinity of the McKay Bridge with a compressor powered breathing apparatus and a wet suit. You're gonna think this is crazy, but the first time I saw this he was under water, his aluminum boat was anchored and empty. Without realizing what was was happening, I immediatley thought "man overboard" and called the Houston Fire Dept. They arrived in short order and from our vantage point on the bridge looking down, you can imagine our surprise, all nine Fireman and myself watching as the guy surfaced, pulled anchor and cracked the old tiller control til he ran out of site!
    He always carries a sheppard's hook and I see him only in the coldest of months. And NO he's not Big Foot! I've watched him as he pulls up what look like crab traps filled with those fresh water oysters and he's VERY shy about it. I suspect fresh water pearls.(?)

Watch KWCF start harvesting any minute now! Look for the news reports "Kingwood man sinks boat with 200 coolers full of oysters on Lake Houston!"

Must be harvesting muscles for some reason....Kcf is still trying to rid the lake of all the fish i guess.
    Waiting nervously!

Comment

yea that must be it john ya reckon he has about emptied it
      GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL, LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!!!!!!!!!

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination, there is no better time to be happy than...NOW!
      - Anonymous

Comment

Hummm...
        If it is pearls I understand why he would be shy.
        Life is an adventure-explore it.

Comment

Exactly! And if memory serves me right, a pearl is an irritant inside an oyster. So you have to "plant" them by placing an object inside the shell and drop them back into deep, moving water to grow a while.

Only problem is it would take a REAL man to scuba dive in Lake Houston. Zero visabilty and cat fish big enough to eat a Buick! Not to mention the Huffman Big Foot, but that's a whole different story!
          Old Guys Rule!

Comment

Get a picture. So "Be Prepared" and "Have Camera, Will Travel".
            BASS Fishermen Unite!
            Chairman and Founder of Brotherhood of Bassers (BoB)
            Crappie are nothing more than a "Want-a-be-Bass"

Comment

Tut lets hear about the huffman bigfoot..............
              Waiting nervously!

Comment

heck fire i always thought pearl diving meant ya washed dishes at the cafe
                GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL, LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!!!!!!!!!

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination, there is no better time to be happy than...NOW!
                - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by kingtut View Post
                  On several occasions I have seen a gentleman MUCH more "manly" then I, diving in the vacinity of the McKay Bridge with a compressor powered breathing apparatus and a wet suit. You're gonna think this is crazy, but the first time I saw this he was under water, his aluminum boat was anchored and empty. Without realizing what was was happening, I immediatley thought "man overboard" and called the Houston Fire Dept.
                  No diver buoy/flag? That's not smart of him, the fire department might show and find out his secret.
                  Bigger is better.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    Tut lets hear about the huffman bigfoot..............
                    You mean to tell me you NEVER heard the story about the Huffman Texas Bigfoot?
                    Old Guys Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by kingtut View Post
                      You mean to tell me you NEVER heard the story about the Huffman Texas Bigfoot?
                      I have heard many stories,is this the one of the monkey mans?
                      Waiting nervously!

Comment

I never have. Please tell me/us more.
                        Bigger is better.

Comment

Originally posted by randyrandy View Post
                          I never have. Please tell me/us more.
                          Google Bigfoot and check out some of the local stories..Some of it is halarious stuff seen while leaving the reniasance festival..(think lots of beer had alot to do with some of the stories)
                          Waiting nervously!

Comment

Google Bigfoot and check out some of the local stories..Some of it is halarious stuff seen while leaving the reniasance festival..(think lots of beer had alot to do with some of the stories)
                            http://www.texasbigfoot.org/explorer/
                            Old Guys Rule!

Comment

not only beer i bet.....lol...if you ever camped there you know what i mean
                              http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...montgomery.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X