X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conroe speed limit?

Help me out here, I've heard that there is a night time speed limit on lake conroe. If that is true what is it and is there any other rules we need know?

Read #13 on page 8
    http://www.sanjacintoriverauthority....egulations.pdf
    http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...montgomery.gif

Comment

News to me. Thanks for the question and the answer.
      BASS Fishermen Unite!
      Chairman and Founder of Brotherhood of Bassers (BoB)
      Crappie are nothing more than a "Want-a-be-Bass"

Comment

I just wonder if the speed limit has ever been enforced at nite.........on my few nite trips on lake conroe I've seen bass boats haulin across the water at way over plane speed......
        I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

I know my boat stays on plane around 27mph any slower and it has to be the right water conditions to stay on plane
          Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://copelandsconroecrappiefishing.webs.com/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by agdave112 View Post
            I know my boat stays on plane around 27mph any slower and it has to be the right water conditions to stay on plane
            I guess the constables or game wardens are gonna have to get their radar guns out....
            I love to eat, fish and cook........not necessarily in that order

Comment

nah. I see em do a lot more than that at night in those big boats out on the lake

Comment

Conroe Rules

9 thanks for the link. Just glancing over those, they need to be wee more diligent in the enforcement of a few of those rules. Seen a bunch of violations everytime I am up there in the summer.

See ya.

Comment

Originally posted by E5Zero View Post
                  9 thanks for the link. Just glancing over those, they need to be wee more diligent in the enforcement of a few of those rules. Seen a bunch of violations everytime I am up there in the summer.

See ya.
                  i do too,,and it really makes me mad,, the police seam to only patrol the no wake zones, i have seen as many as three cops working the no wake zone at inland all of them working that area at the same time. i guess thats easy money, just sitting in one small area writing tickets, I'm sure they are writing tons of tickets right there in that one spot. More times than i can count i have had boats buzz by me with in casting distance, as I'm sure we all have and i have never seen anyone get stopped for that by the cops, i bet no one else has seen anyone get stopped for it either. Its a shame some cops dont have enough strength to carry a gun, ego and their brain at the same time. For example Randy and i were anchored in the center of the mouth of rush creek with several hundred yards of open water on both sides of the boat and almost everyone that came by were within casting distance. After sitting there all day watching people break the law, right before dark the cops come to us with the worst attitude. insinuating that we were stupid for sitting there. The cop was very upset that we did not have our lights on, he chewed us out and would not let us say a word, the bad part was it was not even dark. he checked everything, life jackets, fire extinguisher, whistle, the whole nine yards and could not find a reason to write us a ticket and i think that made him more mad. If he would have just shot us and threw us in the lake, he wouldn't have to leave the no wake zone again because of us, but i guess that would have been to much paper work for his ego to handle. My point is and would have been to him if he cared to listen to someone besides himself, why would i sit here in the dark with no lights on after almost being run over a hundred times during the daylight. I just look stupid, that doesn't mean i am. sorry to vent but it really bugs me. No offense to the the cops that bring their brains and leave their ego at home...
                  http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...montgomery.gif

Comment

touche, well said 9. That was the "boat dance" i referred to a couple of months back in a post,

Anybody should go as fast as they desire, noting that if they hit a trotline, jugline, plastic bag, log, stump, tree, lillypad island, tire, 55 gallon drum, etc. (all I have seen floating on Conroe, and more) then they have no one else to blame but themselves. Too many rules, danged Obama, he is behind this too! argh!
                    Bigger is better.

Comment

Originally posted by randyrandy View Post
                      touche, well said 9. That was the "boat dance" i referred to a couple of months back in a post,

Anybody should go as fast as they desire, noting that if they hit a trotline, jugline, plastic bag, log, stump, tree, lillypad island, tire, 55 gallon drum, etc. (all I have seen floating on Conroe, and more) then they have no one else to blame but themselves. Too many rules, danged Obama, he is behind this too! argh!
                      Somehow I just knew when I started reading this thread that we would find the guilty party:p Well said
                      Have a good`un
                      Life is like a roll of toilet paper the closer to the end you get the faster it`s goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_d5cFmFz4k

Comment

If i read it right they are not supposed to operate their boats at a speed higher than no wake within a 100 ft of your boat since you have occupied your vessel if you are in it. How many times a weekend does that happen!

Comment

I assure that the limit is in the eyes of the beholder. I have been stopped at night for this reason and was let go with a warning. Lake Patrol pulled me over and infomed me I was going too fast. I did not get ugly with the officer by no means but I informed him in a nice way that every boat has a different PLANE speed He understood of course and told me its best just to idle across the lake and not have to worry. It takes right at 24MPH to get my boat on plane and that what I told him and afterwards I back it down a touch He understood and because I was PUTTIN(25 26 MPH ) he didnt give me a hard time The manspoke about his new SI unit that they had just mounted and pros and cons of having it. He did tell me where an old barn/house was located in conroe never knew it was there untill he told me and sure enough it still standing believe it or not anyway long story short YES their is a SPEED LIMIT on the lake at night . Its no faster than plane AND that leaves a BIG GREY area for interpetation

Comment

Thats an interesting story Flippin. So where is this Barn he spoke of, its almost worth trying to get snagged on it to see if its down there.

Comment

well maybe one day I will disclose that info but as for right now I think I am gonna keep the secret nothing personal but thats the kind of info you tend to hang on too

Comment

Working...
                              X